I've always preferred brownies over cakes. Not dry brownies though. I like mine to be gooey in the centre and flaky on the sides and top. Who doesn't, right?
Soon, the ingredients were mixed, the baking tin went into the oven and at 11.56pm, they were ready!
Baked at night and eaten for breakfast the next morning!
Oh, and I used a shallow cake pan because my brownie tin was no where to be found.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie
(adapted from allrecipe and Sweet Vegan)
- 2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar into the dry mixture.
- Add the vegetable oil, coffee and vanilla extract into the dry mixture. Mix the ingredients until well-blended.
- Spray the baking tin with canola oil spray and pour the batter into a 9x13 inch baking tin. Spread the batter evenly. Pour spoonfuls of peanut butter over the top of the batter and swirl the mixture with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (mine was in the oven for 30 minutes and came out really 'gooey') in the oven. Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
This with a cup of tea? Best breakfast yet.